Absorption and decomposition performance
|Hi-Clean Board has the ability to absorb and decompose formaldehyde
-Tests for assessing the ability to reduce formaldehyde concentration-
*1: Room which has an area of 10 m2is tightly-sealed and maintained at the temperature of 25C and the humidity of 70 %.
- 9.5 mm Tiger Hi-Clean Board and 9.5 mm Tiger Board (Standard gypsum board) were used for the comparative performance test.
- Formaldehyde was intentionally generated and the initial formaldehyde concentration was set to be at 5 ppm (*2) in each room which has an area of about 10 m2(*1).
- The formaldehyde concentration in the indoor air was continuously measured by a gas detecting tube.
*2: Formaldehyde concentration at 5ppm = Strong stimulus to eyes, nose, and throat. Possible to withstand only for a short time
(Formaldehyde concentration would not be so high in a normal environment.)
The indoor formaldehyde concentration after using Tiger Hi-Clean Board for 6 hours in the testing room was 0.05ppm. The result was reduced to be less than the Japanese guideline value (by Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare) of 0.08ppm and shows that formaldehyde concentration was significantly reduced by Tiger Hi-Clean Board.
- Plywood board was installed in a room which has an area of about 10 m2 and the formaldehyde concentration was maintained at about 0.2ppm.
- Tiger Hi-Clean Board was installed in the room with the formaldehyde concentration of 0.2ppm and then the formaldehyde concentration in the indoor air was continuously measured.
The indoor formaldehyde concentration after installing Tiger Hi-Clean Board for about 4 hours was reduced to be less than the Japanese guideline of 0.08ppm (by Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare) and maintained at the same level.